Cardiology (Heart Conditions)
Cardiologists specialise in diagnosing and treating diseases of the heart and blood vessels.
Our consultant cardiologist, Dr Aayaz Sultan, is highly experienced in diagnosing and treating heart conditions using the latest investigative tests and treatments. He is an Honoury Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health, and the University of Manchester. He has a passion for clinical research, completing several high profile research projects, and appearing in various medical journals.
If you are concerned about the health of your heart, have a family history of heart problems, or are experiencing symptoms such as palpitations, pressure, pain in your chest or shortness of breath, our consultant cardiologist, Dr Aayaz Sultan can help.
Dr Aayaz will take the time to understand your symptoms, and can provide advice and guidance on next steps.
There’s no waiting times or need for a referral, and Dr Aayaz can carry out a range of investigative tests on the same day if needed. Tests include:
- Heart scans
- ECG (electrocardiogram)
- Stress ECHO (exercise stress test using Dobutamine)
- ECHO (echocardiogram)
- Blood pressure monitoring
We can diagnose and treat a number of heart conditions including:
- Arrhythmias – a condition which causes abnormal heart rhythms. Symptoms include dizziness, palpitations, shortness of breath, fainting and weakness.
- Heart valve disease – when damaged valves affect the flow of blood through the heart. Symptoms include shortness of breath, dizziness, palpitations, swelling of the ankles and feet, pressure to the chest and tiredness.
- Congenital heart defects – these are birth defects and include a range of conditions such as septal defects (hole in heart), pulmonary valve stenosis, underdeveloped heart and many more. Symptoms are varied but can include shortness of breath, rapid heart beat and breathing, palpitations, dizziness, tiredness and fatigue.
- Coronary artery disease (heart disease) – this is the most common form of heart disease. It occurs when the blood supply to the heart becomes blocked due to a build up of fatty substances. Symptoms include chest pain (angina), shortness of breath, heart attacks and heart failure.
If you would like to discuss any issue regarding your heart, Dr Sultan will be only too happy to help. A consultation costs £220. You may also be interested in our Healthy Heart screen.
Looking to find out more about our consultants?
We’d love to help you with your healthcare needs. So let us know a few details and the reason why you’d like to see us on the form below, and we’ll get back to you quickly. We’ll arrange an appointment that’s works around you, helping to put your mind at rest. You can also give us a call on 0121 728 8366 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.