Family planning and contraception.
Our family planning and contraceptive clinic offers discreet, professional and easy to access services where and when you need them. Headed up by our specialist GP, Dr Rupa Parmar and a team of expert female GPs, we provide care and advice on all women’s issues. There are no waiting times and you do not need a referral from your NHS GP.
Our services include:
- Contraception – advice, guidance and treatment on all the options available including oral contraceptives, patches, implants, injections and removal of implants
- Emergency contraception – we provide appropriate solutions on a same day basis
- Family planning – expert advice on all areas of family planning.
- Pre and post-pregnancy services – pre-conception, antenatal and postnatal care.
- Oral Contraception (through a private prescription) – £55.00 for consultation and free repeat prescriptions
- Emergency contraception (through a private prescription) – £55.00 for consultation
- Contraceptive Injection (Depo-Provera) – £55.00 for consultation + the cost of the injection
- Contraception – Implant fit or removal – £55.00 for consultation + the cost of the implant
The contraceptive injection (Depo-Provera) works by releasing progesterone into your blood stream which in turns stops you from getting pregnant. It is effective for up to 13 weeks when a repeat injection is required to maintain protection. The contraceptive injection is administered by one of our highly qualified GPs within a GP consultation.
The contraceptive implant (Nexplanon) is a hormone releasing flexible plastic tube. Inserted into the upper arm, just below the skin, it releases the hormone progesterone, which in turn stops you from getting pregnant. The implant is effective for up to three years but can be taken out at any point before then.
The implant can be inserted at anytime, providing you are not pregnant. If fitted in the first five days of your menstrual cycle, it will provide instant protection.
If you have had unprotected sex or your contraception has failed, our highly qualified GPs can prescribe the emergency contraception pill. We prescribe Levonelle 1500 which can be taken up to 72 hours after having unprotected sex. The earlier you can take this, the more effective it is.
We’d love to help you with your healthcare needs. So let us know a few details and the reason why you’d like to see us on the form below, and we’ll get back to you quickly. We’ll arrange an appointment that’s works around you, helping to put your mind at rest. You can also give us a call on 0121 728 8366 or email email@example.com.